Thursday, April 9, 2009

Writer's Workshop--But what do you do all day?


Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back and sign Mr. Linky!!
The Prompts:


1.) Describe a moment when you realized you and your spouse were SO different. Hey ladies, no jealousy, please. We are SO alike. We are constantly thinking how alike we are.


2.) What is your role in the household?


3.) Write about how you felt when you discovered you were lied to. Kati is the only one who ever lies to me. Okay, that's not true. But it doesn't upset me when people lie to me, except when it's Kati.


4.) Describe a hard time you gave a teacher...what would you say to them today? Didn't I ever tell you I was teacher's pet? I never gave a teacher a hard time.


5.) What is an unpleasant experience you had eating? Write a poem, paragraph, or something else about the experience.(writingfix.com) Food, unpleasant?


--------------------------------------------------

I am your typical stay at home mom. It's all I ever wanted. I love it.

I do the laundry. I oversee all the cleaning. (Even if I don't have to do all of it anymore.) I cook most of the meals. I do most of the teaching. I dress and bathe babies (though Jeff helps out a lot). I do the grocery shopping. I save money where I can. I do a LOT of disciplining. I teach about the Bible. I encourage and exhort. I take children on field trips. I plan parties. I make the days fun and meaningful. I buy birthday presents for everyone except Jeff's dad and our brother in law on that side. I buy clothes for everyone and search for months for special occasion outfits.

I do NOT pay the bills. I do not make final decisions, or for that matter, many decisions. I do not drive, unless there is no one else around to drive me. (Ashlea used to drive me everywhere.) I leave all the car issues to Jeff. I leave all the financial planning decisions to Jeff. I do not work outside of the home. I do not do yard work or take out the trash.

I do not want to work away from home. This, cleaning, cooking, diaper changing, breastfeeding, is all I've ever wanted as far back in my life as I can remember. I just wanted to be a mom and a wife. God has made my dreams come true. I couldn't have a better husband to allow me to have this life. He supports me so fully.

I'm blessed.

8 comments:

Cupcake Dessert said...

sounds like you are happy in your role :)

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

fantastic! you are blessed. not many people are doing exactly what they want to in life!

Unknown said...

It's nice that you are so happy with your role! Your children are beautiful!

Heather said...

It's good to find a place in life where you are happy and content. You are very blessed indeed! :-)

Kelly said...

Aww! Poor Kati! I was reading her description and at first glance I thought it said master of manipulation.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

That is wonderful that you love what you do.

Thank you so much for coming by my blog and encouraging with homeschooling. :D

Michelle said...

Thank you all.

septembermom said...

How wonderfully happy you are with your family and home! Motherhood is a tough job, but the rewards are priceless. Glad that I stopped by your blog today. It made me smile:)