Monday, October 6, 2008

Money Saving Monday

Ditch the Disposables

Disposable dust rags to cloth rags This one should be really easy for everyone. Just use something you were about to throw away. We were given some microfiber cloths that were actually for diapers, but I found them to be good for many uses. One of which is cleaning. Super absorbent and dries quickly. They sell them at walmart.

Disposable diapers to cloth diapers This is officially next on the list, but it deserves a post by itself. Since diapers are so fun to me, I'm going to save this one.


Disposable wipes to cloth wipes (inexpensive plain washcloths work really well) Another easy one. I actually prefer the cloth wipes when I'm changing diapers because they do a much better job of cleaning than the disposable ones. Even if you use disposable diapers it's not that hard to incorporate cloth wipes. You can make these pretty easily, or have a friend make them if you can't sew, or buy them online. I bought mine here. I picked the velour. They are ooohhh, so super soft. Still lasting after more than nine months. Bought them when I was pregnant with Asa. She has many different prints. They are a dollar-ish each. Tell her I sent you and maybe she'll give me some free. (This is just a picture of some of the wipes she sells, but not necessarily some of the ones I got.)

Where are you in the challenge? Has there been anything you've tried that you hadn't before? Things you've found that work for you?

We only have a few weeks left. Have an open mind in these next few weeks. We'll have some ideas that everyone might not want to try...but have an open mind! Just try these ideas out and if they don't work for you, go back to what did. I challenge you to put one of the previous weeks ideas into your daily life for one week. Come back and tell me how it went.


No comments: