Thursday, December 17, 2009

Advent - ONLY 8 days to go!!


Are all your presents bought and wrapped? You are running out of time. Naughty, naughty!

Today's advent activity:

Family Award night

OH, how we love family award night. Last years winners can be seen here.

Basically, I come up with a list of awards, enough so that I know everyone will be able to get something.

Funniest
Most thoughtful
Best dressed
Cleanest
Best manners
Best chef (Hey, even I get one.)

You get it.

I read all the awards, so everyone knows what to choose from. We give everyone each persons name three times...so they can only vote for that person three times. (We have to make it somewhat fair...otherwise we have a child who may not get any.)

If you win the vote you get a reward.

Some rewards:

Go to Mimi's
Stay up 30 minutes late
Pick a video from the video store
Extra dessert
New pair of socks

It's really fun. And it encourages the children to be really good, for a few weeks, at least.

Today's Blessing jar:

Make a meal

They had a ball with this one yesterday. Kati literally listed everything in the kitchen, whether she had the ability to make it or not. Finally, Kori decided she could heat some beans in the microwave and some leftover green beans with some toast. They loved it.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Ok... absolutely love the award night idea! How much fun is that!

Stopping by from SITS! Hope you have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

Fun...I really like the Make a Meal idea...I think we'll have to try that a couple times when we have the kids next week, LOL!

The award night idea is really great too, not only does it make each child feel special but I would think it would make all of them more aware of the good in their siblings!

God bless Michelle!

Mom's Place said...

Award night! Why didn't I think of that!!! How fun!

Yara said...

Oh, I do have some presents left to wrap. My dad's, my mom's. I'm working on a horse print fleece blanket for my dad right now.
And I have some more Melissa & Doug food items for the kids kitchen. Those are family gifts since all 3 kids equally love the play kitchen.
AND the Disney action figures we got at the yard sale.
Oy, I have a lot of wrapping to do still.
the
new moon soap & bandages for my cousin...yes, I'm awesome. The soap is handmade (not by me!)
My cousin's Dodgers pillow Lisa & I hand made
my sisters present(s)
ah!
Why am I still here when I have things to wrap?

Mrs. Match said...

This is a great idea! I'll have to do something like it for my family one day.