Thursday, August 19, 2010

Writer's workshop-Ah, never mind


Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and sign Mr. McLinky. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!

And let me know what you think of the new linky. Trying this one out for a change.

The Prompts:

1.) Dear Mommy and/or Daddy…(write a letter to yourself from one of your children)

2.) This one time I was sleeping and…

3.) Things you oddly obsessed about as a child.

4.) Who needs a vacation when you can spend your summer doing this…

5.) What did you wish for most? Write about a time when it was just too hot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.) Things you oddly obsessed about as a child.

Well, you see, I was a weird child.  Hey, I am not still weird.  But I was back then.

I used to talk to myself a lot, but it was always in my head.  It wasn't out loud.  I had a constant running commentary to myself in my head about everything. 

So my obsession would be friends; invisible friends.

I also had recurring dreams.  Here's the worst one:

I was walking along and came to one of those grids where the water runs through. I was always afraid of those things.  Now I have a child who is.  Go figure.  So in my dream I wouldn't want to walk over the thing.  But instead I FELL in.  FELL in.  I'm always afraid I'll fall in.  I mean, I used to always be afraid I would fall in.

So I'm down there and it's full of lint and stuff.  Shudder.  That's all I can remember.  But I used to have that dream all the time.

What was I talking about anyway? 

3 comments:

Diane said...

I always had the dream I was the only one is a car that was rolling, out of control, downhill. I also had those constant conversations going with myself in my head, especially at school, where I never spoke a word aloud unless my very life depended on it because I was extremely shy.

Your Eldest said...

You need to change Audra's picture. She's 1 month now.

Veronica said...

I had the running commentary going too. It makes me wonder if my kids do the same thing.