Thursday, June 18, 2009

Writer's Workshop--Lines from my book

The Prompts:

1.) Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page and share two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

2.) What do you aspire to be? Just what I am...a wife and a mom...only better each day.

3.)Share a piece of unsolicited parenting advice...only I'm soliciting it. Hold your babies. Hold them even when they sleep. Hold them as much as you can. Because before you know it they aren't babies and they don't want to be held...and you'll still have those precious memories of all those snuggles. The laundry can wait.

4.)Tell us about your blogline...how long have you been blogging, when did you start, what were/are your goals for your blog, etc. I've been blogging less than a year. I started in the Fall 2008. It just looked like fun. My husband had a blog so I thought I would give it a try. I had no goals or aspirations with it when I started. NOW I want LOTS of readers and lots of comments. Asking too much???

5.)If you had 5000 dollars to give away or donate to a charity...explain what you would do with it and why.
Go on a NICE vacation. Sorry, not too altruistic, huh? We'd tithe or give some of it though.

------------------------------------------------------------

Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page and share two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

"Pat: I always wanted to birth at home, but for some reason the first time around I was too scared...I was so unsure of myself the first time that I put it in the back of my mind thinking, 'Well maybe it's not for me.' The second time I got pregnant, the idea came back up in the front of my mind and I started thinking 'Well, why not? What's stopping me?' "

Taken from Birthing From Within by Pam England.

I'll be reviewing this book as soon as I finish it...so check back. And for the record, I'm definitely having a homebirth. (Barring any emergency that may arise.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

No-it's not too much to want readers and comments (they make it all worth it!). Congrats on baby #6!! I've got 5 of my own. And my old college friend has a daughter named Millicent. :)

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

visiting from sits and wow I am in awe i only have one child and most of the time i run around like a chicken with my head cut off (lol). You are an inspiration!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting book, and good luck with the home birth!

Yara said...

the more often you blog, the more often we can read & comment ; )
just saying....
I'm kinda getting tired of this "I'm pregnant & don't feel like it" excuse of yours. what?

kel said...

Ah, home birth!! Better you than me girl! I really am impressed!

Lena said...

I read your birth story about Millicent, very impressing. I am scared of doing it at home, but maybe, just maybe I will be able to talk my hubby into doing it at home next time i am expecting... great picture of you! :)))