Thursday, June 25, 2009

Writer's workshop--Because Millicent is too cute


The Prompts:

1.) Interview a child.

2.) How do you stave off boredom? Reading, watching TV, reading blogs, going outside and watching the kids play, begging my husband to take us out to eat.

3.) Write a poem for the little boy in your life. I only have one little boy in my life, Asa. And I'm a terrible poem writer:

Asa, you are so cute.

Asa, you are so sweet.
Asa, you are the best.
Asa, you have little feet.

See? Not a good poem writer. I have a friend from high school who is amazing...so if you are reading this (and you know who you are) write a poem for Asa.

4.) Describe a memorable interview or talk about your experience trying to find a job amidst this recession. My husband asked me what I did today and I said nothing. He fired me. Good luck finding a replacement. No one wants 43 kids.

5.) Create a Help Wanted Ad.


WANTED:

Someone to watch kids for free whenever needed (only eight
or nine times a week). Cook, clean, change diapers, do laundry. No window washing necessary. Free room and board and all the food you can eat...none of it junk food though. I'll throw in your own bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview a child.

Mom: Does Mommy love you?

Millicent: NO, Daddy does.

Mom: What does Mommy do for you?

Mill: Give me candy. And read me books.

Mom: What do you like to do with Mom?

Mill: Fill up the pool so me and Asa can swim.

Mom: Where are we going next week?

Mill: I don't know. Will you tell me? Thank you. Right now.

Mom: We are going to camp. What do you think about that?

Mill: Not good. Because I want to go outside and play at the playground. What do you want me to write? (Holding notebook.) Do you want me to write I love you? Do you? Do you want me to write a song?

Mom: Write I love you.

Mill: Do you want me to write I love you Ashlea?

Mom: Do you miss Ashlea? Where is she?

Mill: Yes, at home.

Mom: Are we going to Aunt Anne's next week?

Mill: YES WE ARE! Are we going after the Youth camp? Are we really? I didn't know that. When are we going to swim? How are we going to get there? Do we need directions? (Sisters answering yes for her.)

Mom: No, we don't need directions. What's your favorite movie?

Mill: Strawberry Shortcake and Mulan.

Mom: What's your favorite book?

Mill: Let me see on the book nook. I like my Bible. And the cookbook. And the book that's in the van right now. The blue book that's in the van. The book I got from the library yesterday. (Which was really last week.)

Mom: Where's Daddy?

Mill: At home going potty. No, he's going potty in the car.

Mom: What's your Sunday school verse?

Mill: Do not be afraid. God is with us. Joshua 9

{Translated by Mom, otherwise you would have no clue what she said.)

Here she is hiding from her Dad during a game of hide and seek.








6 comments:

The Royal Family said...

I agree she is too cute!

Jenners said...

Visiting from Mama Kats...

The interview just cracked me up! I love kids' sense of time and their priorities. And the photo was the icing on the cake!

And I thought the poem was very sweet! : )

Twisted Cinderella said...

She really is just tooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Little kids are the best to interview! They always have such a fresh perspective on things we view as commonplace.

Just stopping over from Mama Kat's. :-)

Unknown said...

Cute post...I love the interview!

Jeff Johnson said...

For the record....I did not potty in the car.