Thursday, May 28, 2009

Writer's workshop--I like them all



1.) What is your life's anthem? You know...that song that is ALWAYS in your head. The one you'd go to sing first if someone told you to sing a song right NOW. What is it and what does it mean to you?

2.) We love telemarketers don't we!?! Describe a memorable experience you had with one. I am just too nice to telemarketers. I've heard lots of great stories, but I always listen to their spiel and invite them to lunch and coffee and stuff. Too nice.

3.) How much does focusing on weight affect your daily life? When I'm pregnant I do not think much about my weight. I know I'm eating healthy and nourishing a baby. BUT HOLY COW when I'm not, it's all I think about. I can get really obsessed. And the more people comment on my weight, the more obsessed I get. Don't even ask me about it.

4.) Describe in what ways you expect too much from your significant other. Do they deserve an apology? I'm a good wife, if I do say so myself. I honestly try not to expect a lot from my spouse...although he does way too much sometimes. What can say? You wanna be just like me?

5.) List ten things that make you HAPPY.

6.) Share a sleep walking story of your own!! One night I was sleepwalking and woke up in Toledo...or was that drinking???? Kidding, just kidding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) What is your life's anthem? You know...that song that is ALWAYS in your head. The one you'd go to sing first if someone told you to sing a song right NOW. What is it and what does it mean to you?

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in
On to the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again, "Boy, You'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again, "Boy, You'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves aren't looking so high
From on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

Repeat Chorus

I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

-----------------------------------------------------------

5.) List ten things that make you HAPPY. (In no particular order, except the order I thought of them in. So is that in order or not?)

  1. Being pregnant, giving birth and breastfeeding. (I know that's three, but I combine.)
  2. Listening to my babies laugh.
  3. Going to the zoo.
  4. My husband buying me a gift for NO reason, other than he loves me.
  5. Watching aimless TV with no one complaining (that NEVER happens).
  6. Reading a great book with no one (ah-hem, Jeff) making remarks about it.
  7. Fixing my daughter's hairs...all daughters, but not all hairs.
  8. Having a date with my husband.
  9. Going away with my husband over night.
  10. Having a night home with my family and playing games, or watching movies, or spending time outside, or or or...

3 comments:

JM Baby Boutique said...

Hi there!

I am new to blogspot..so was unsure on how to reply to your comment..so I figured I'd comment you back ;)

May I ask who's blog you were referred by? I would love to see!

The glamour bowbands are $13.99 each. Please pick your favorite to be involved in the giveaway!

Thank you so much! And wish me luck on my new blog ;)

XOXO JM

Unknown said...

Ah, that's very nice...I love your list of 10! And I was singing along with your lyrics to "Voice of Truth". It always amazes me that we can think we know a song so well and sing along but really miss the meaning behind it. It helps sometimes to have the lyrics right there in front of us. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

I'm so happy I found your blog. I loved your multi post. Thanks for the read!

Visiting from MamaKats (and staying) ;o)