Saturday, January 9, 2010

A baby is coming

It's 2:00 AM. I was able to sleep on the couch for several hours with only a few contractions waking me up. When they all started waking me up I decided I wanted in the birth pool. So I woke Jeff up too.

We are currently filling it up.

My contractions are about 5 minutes apart, lasting over a minute to the peak (but continuing to coast after that), with about a 6 intensity.

I would guess I wont be in labor for all of tomorrow. Yahoo! I may have a baby in my arms in the next few hours. All in all probably a 16 hour labor. Way better than two days, but why do I have such long labors? I'm curious.

Anyway, who has time to figure that out with contractions coming at you in the middle of the night?

We are about to take some pictures and get some video footage then get in the pool. Oh blessed relief.

5 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

things are progressing well! baby will soon come!!!

BlessedMamaofMany said...

Looking forward to your birth story. Happy Birthing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! I woke this morning and told my husband I had to get up to see if you had your baby yet! Can't wait and hope to get to see some of that video.

Lena said...

I sure hope everything will go well for you, or that you are already holding a little one in your arms. God bless you and your family.

prashant said...

Happy Birthing.

Work from home India