Monday, December 21, 2009

Advent - Only 4 days till Christmas, and update


Today's advent activity:

All day baking fest

As you can imagine, this is everyone's favorite activity. When you ask the girls, especially Kati, what they love about Advent, they say baking day. That is because they get to try the food as we go.

We have our standards:

no bake cookies
fudge
peanut brittle

But every year we try a few new things:

mints
turtle poop
peanut butter balls

We'll see what we come up with this year.

When we are done, we pass almost everything on to friends.

Now for a few updates.

Helen, I have NOT seen last nights episode of Survivor. Last night was the children's play at church and I was the director...and of course, my children were in it. So while I had planned to have a party at a friends house and watch the finale, it didn't turn out that way. BOO! So I haven't seen it. NO ONE tell me anything. I can't even go onto Yahoo for fear of seeing the results.

Saturday I had some good, consistent contractions and got hopeful I could be starting labor. But no, they stopped. The race is on though. Now I'm starting to watch the patterns of the contractions in anticipation.

I'm wonderfully uncomfortable. I don't think I've ever been so uncomfortable. My back aches, every position I lay in at night hurts, and I have round ligament pain in my sides when I sleep. However, I don't have any constipation, hemorrhoids or leg cramps. So I guess it's not that bad. I'm just ready to meet my baby.

As an incentive to not get too crazy with anticipation my blessing way is Saturday. You can have a shower with a baby (which I don't like doing) but you can't have a blessing way with one. It centers around the mom and the labor and the baby. There are prayers for the mom to be, prayers when the labor starts and well, blessings. So you need the baby inside. And really I want to wait until after Christmas to have the baby.

My husband got a pogo stick for Christmas, as did the kids. And he played so long and so hard on it, that he bent the stick and hurt his back. PLEASE pray that he will be fine when the baby comes. Another really great reason to not go into labor yet. He does EVERYTHING after the baby comes and just lets me hold and snuggle and nurse my baby. If his back hurts, I don't know what we'll do.

I'm excited about Christmas. How about you?

8 comments:

Erica said...

So exciting! I hope your baby waits until after the blessings. I miss those days of being uncomfortable but with so much anticipation.

I hope all of your baking turns out wonderfully.

Unknown said...

Yikes...sounds like you're getting closer! What is your official due date? I imagine you probably go earlier than the due date now?!

Baking day sounds fun, I was supposed to have an all-day baking day yesterday but ended up with an all day splitting headache. So, I will be back at it tonight!

Mom's Place said...

Turtle poop??? What the heck is turtle poop??? LOL! Do I even want to know?!

Yara said...

your blessing way isn't until Saturday? I found the book last week (um, on the 11th) on Christian Blessingways. Want me to overnight it???

Send me some fudge! I'm a friend, you can pass it on to me ; ) lol
baking day sounds fun.
That is one thing I promised dh- I said I'm not cooking Christmas Eve (when we celebrate) but we can bake cookies and eat them warm out of the oven.

EMILY G. said...

KEEPING THE GOOD THOUGHTS HEADED YOUR WAY!!!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Turtle poop, huh?? WOW! That sounds strangely delicious. :)

adrienzgirl said...

Obviously the pressing question here is what is turtle poop??

lemonologie said...

I love no bake cookies! I just made some!

Thanks for your visit for my SITS day and for sharing your birth story. Best of luck with your new addition! We'll pray that everything goes well and your husband is better! :-)