Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Advent-24 days until Christmas

We are loving Advent. I pretty much spend the first five minutes lighting the candle and letting Asa and Millicent blow it out. Usually Asa is blowing it out before it's lit. Last night Jeff walked in and Asa had the lighter and my scissors waiting on us to start. (I have no idea why he had the scissors.)

Today is:

Jingle Bell Dance

Sounds silly. IT IS!

We HAVE to get the video camera out for this one because it gets hysterical. If we have a CD handy, we might play Jingle Bells, but otherwise we just sing it.

While we sing, each person does a dance to go with the song. One at a time, of course, while I record it.

Some kids (namely my husband) go all out when doing their dance.

Now I just want to say that if you didn't start on Sunday it doesn't mean you can't participate in Advent this year. Just get started today. Write down the Jingle Bell dance on your calendar and tell the kids that's your first Advent activity. You'll love it! Then to make me supremely happy this holiday season, post it on your blog for me to watch.

8 comments:

Helen said...

I wonder if I can convince the hubby that him doing a Jingle Bell dance will turn me on...

That might be the only way to get him to do it.

It's worth a shot, right? Anything for a funny video!

Unknown said...

The Jingle Bell dance sounds like fun! I love advent!

Mom's Place said...

A jingle bell dance does sound fun!!! Hubby would make it kinky if he had his way :P LOL!

Kara said...

You're so creative, and I'm so not!!! How do you come up with this stuff? Teach me your ways...

Helene said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! What a great idea!

adrienzgirl said...

Oh no, there will be no posting of silly dancing lunacy. We may do it, but no posting the evidence! But, by all means, do share! :D

Jennifer Juniper said...

The jingle bell dance sounds like a hoot! We just got a new video camera, so my boys are game for anything that puts them on video right now :)

Mrs. Stam said...

are you going to post some of those dance move on you blog!

But seriously it sound like a very fun thing to do :-)