Friday, September 18, 2009

Interview with: Me, Myself and I

Okay, so an interview with me is pretty boring. I'll admit. But at least it's a fun one. And I encourage you to do this series of questions on your blog. It will be fun. I found these questions on Date Girl Diaries. (Now I don't know anything about that blog, but I did like the questions and I have to tell where I got it from so know thinks I'm some kind of genius or something...like there's some kind of chance of that happening.)

Do come back next week as I'll have my interview up with Jen Hatmaker...and you DON'T want to miss what the Lord is doing in her life...and the fact that her family had to do a Twilight intervention.

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is your favorite item of clothing?

Since I'm pregnant my favorite article of clothing is my green shirt. It makes my belly look really round and pregnant. I like my new skirt that I bought for vacation, but I've only worn it once and I don't know how it will do with other shirts.

2. What are your biggest obsessions?

Right now my only obsession is Twilight.

3. Who inspires you?

A lot of people inspire me in different ways. I read the Bible and Jesus inspires me to give and serve and love. I watch moms in my life who are patient and kind with their children and it inspires me to talk softer and love more. I watch wives who serve their husbands and submit and it inspires me to be a better wife. I read good blogs that make me laugh or encourage me or give me creative ideas for my family and that inspires me too. So many ways to be inspired. (That's not the same as perspire though. Yesterday I was perspiring quite a bit but no one made me. It was just hot and humid.)

4. Who is your favorite designer and why?

Kori and my friends Amy and Cari. (Surely you don't think I know anything about clothing???)

5. What is your favorite song ever?

Um....hmm....um...Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns.

6. What is your favorite song now?

Oh great...hmm....um...Don't know?

7. If you were a sweetie what would you be?

What??? Does this make sense?

8. ROGBIV--What words would you use to describe your rainbow?

ROGBIV...why change what works?

9. What are your favorite films?

The Kid
Princess Bride
Remember the Titans
Hope Floats

Ashlea could probably tell you more of my favorites but I can never remember when I'm on the spot.

10. Who is your favorite actor?

No favorite, but I like Bruce Willis, Denzel, Sandra Bullock, Leonardo DeCaprio. The old, good actors.

11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?

If I had someone to watch my kids who wouldn't let them stay up late, would make them take rest times, wouldn't feed them a bunch of sweets, or let them watch too much TV or have too much computer time, than I would go away with my husband. We would go some place beachy and warm and sunny.

12. What are you three favorite smells?

Clean baby from the tub washed with Burt's Bees
Newborn baby
flowers...any kind

13. What are you three favorite tastes?

chocolate
chocolate
and wow, this hard...
chocolate

14. What is your most treasured possession?

That would be my engagement ring, followed by my wedding ring.

15. What did you always want to be/do when you grew up?

I wanted to be a teacher for most of my life. (I am!)

16. If you were an ice cream flavor what would you be?

Something with nuts...because you know I am.

17. If someone made a short film about your life, who would play you?

First of all, it wouldn't be short and it would be an award winning film. Secondly, someone stunningly beautiful and ever so skinny. Maybe Meg Ryan. She's tiny and cute.

18. What would your perfect afternoon consist of?

See above vacation question. A sunny beach is all I really need. And my kids can be there, because they really entertain me. I just want to be able to finish reading Twilight.

19. If you were a flower what would you be?

A rose since there are so many colors and scents and varieties.

20. Tell me one random thing...be it your favorite line from a song, scene from a movie or quote from a book...or tell me about something you love.

From the Kid:

When do I learn how to drive?
When you're sixteen.
When do I get a car?
When you're eighteen.
When do I get a hickey?
When you're seventeen.
When do I find out what a hickey is?
Not tonight.

I could quote The Kid all day and night. The Princess Bride too.

Now it's your turn!! Be sure to let me know.

12 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

Love the Princess Bride... greatest movie of all time.

Lisa Anne said...

I don't know what is wrong with my comments. I'm noticing it too, I can't read the comments unless I check my email. I have to try to figure it all out.

LOL I guess I'm a democrat, LOL, I don't really like BUSH, I loved Clinton. OBAMA not sure about yet.

Mrs. Match said...

Glad you liked the question. I was tagged once with those, they weren't even my own, but I appreciate the link back. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you come back soon.

Princess Bride is such a good movie: "Inconceivable!"

Helen said...

I agree wholeheartedly with number 13!!

And by the way, you make me laugh. Comments, posts, you name it. I come away from you giggling like an idiot. It never fails! It's awesome.

Stacey said...

A sweetie is the British word for candy.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, babies do smell good!!!

Stephanie Faris said...

CHOCOLATE. YUM!!! I've never heard of Casting Crowns. I feel old!

EMILY G. said...

very great post!! meg ryan! i thought that was your twin sister! i hope you get your beach again soon!

Lena said...

You are looking great! Its nice to know you a bit better and you are too funny like always.

Yara said...

Sandra Bullock, Leonardo DeCaprio. The old, good actors
They are old? Um... I thought 'old' was like, Audrey Hepburn, John Wayne... lol

Look for my post Monday morning : )

Anonymous said...

I love your answers! I thought it was funny about the "old character actors." I'm a fan of pre-1950 movies. Now that's when they had great, old actors. Pick up "The Man who Came for DInner" or "The Devil and Daniel Webster" or "The Quiet Man" (myfavorite).

Have a blessed day!

dr.peppergirl said...

hey i wanted to make you all aware of a super awesome book you need to check out...it is Julie Lessman's Apassion denied...This is an amazing book. If you are looking for a romance that will make your head spin this is for you. Julie has out done herself this is most definitely her best book to date. A romance centered on God, with a passion UN deniable it is sure to leave you wanting more. Since receiving this book I have read it 5 times, and believe me every time is worth while with adventure and more. This is a book that you will want to read over and over again. I have never been so blessed in simply reading a romance novel. Julie Lessman is the future of Christian Romance.