Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy 12th Birthday Kori--Our Young Woman


Being 12 is a pretty significant age around here. It's becoming a young woman and leaving childhood behind. No longer are you allowed to behave like one of the little ones. Instead you are expected to be set apart from them. That comes with great responsibility and privileges. Kori has just barely gotten a taste of it and loves it already.

The top 12 things I love about being 12. (By Kori.)



1. I get to wear lip gloss.

2. I get to wear perfume.

3. Getting to babysit with no adults in the house.

4. Having a mom who can help me through the hard stuff.

5. My little siblings looking up to me.

6. Getting a chance to set a good example for them.

7. I got to have my birthday in Alabama.

8. Mom and Dad got me a really cool birthday cake.

9. Mimi got me really pretty jewelry.

10. Mrs. Elizabeth gave me a really pretty shirt and necklace.

11. Getting another year of the Creative Girls kit.

12. Being able to have another present coming in the mail after the others have been opened.

9 comments:

Helen said...

I love that the number one thing is that she gets to wear lip gloss. That's just awesome. Happy Birthday Kori!

Lisa Anne said...

I voted!! You had asked me how I had so many followers in a short time. I responded to you in the comment section on my blog. Here is another tip, move the follow me widget up to the top of your blog so it's easier for people to find.

Stephanie Faris said...

12...that time just before you turn into a teenager! Happy birthday to Kori!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Kori!!!!!

Jeff Johnson said...

Happy birthday baby girl. I love you.

Amy McBride said...

Happy birthday Kori!!!

Wow, they grow up so fast. I can't believe it. She even looks older in the pictures. Maybe its that hair cut.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kori! It sounds like you had a great one!

Unknown said...

WOW LOOK HOW MUCH SHE HAS GROWN since i have seen her last it does not seem like its been that long ago!! shes beautiful! and omg to millicents hair i have not been to you blog in awile and she looks so different with short hair chad would kill me if i did that to kk and i mean that lol!!! where did yall go on vacation that white sandy beach looks like my home town of pensacola my mom lives on a condo right on the beach its wonderful there i love love love it!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kori. And that IS a beautiful cake!!