I have mentioned how obsessed I can get with taking pregnancy tests and some of you have mentioned I'm not alone in that. But you know what, it helps! And it's cheaper than crack.
So here are some things we can do during that two week wait:
- Buy tests on the day of ovulation
- They will arrive in a day or two if you order from Another Blessing.
- Start taking them as early as you feel comfortable...day five is NOT too early. Just don't tell anyone or they will think you are crazy. I've never done that. NO, seriously. Okay, maybe once.
- Clean. Clean every nook and cranny. I give you my word. As soon as you find out you are pregnant you will be too tired and crabby to do any cleaning. (And it will NOT be ALL your imagination.)
- Buy pretty cloth pads from Kelly's Closet. This is something that really helped me. If I HAD to start it gave me something to look forward to. If you've never tried cloth for women, read my tutorial here. I encourage you to give it a try. That first day will make you smile, which is what you need when you took 21 pregnancy tests that all said negative, except that one at day 13 that might have been positive if you squinted just right and held it up to the light and cocked your head just so.
- Buy a Diva Cup. These are a better alternative to tampons. You'll love them. I have not gotten to buy one, but it is on my list of things to do during the 2WW.
- Read a good book. And I mean good. One that will keep you up until midnight every night NOT thinking about whether or not cells are dividing like a 4th grader in math class.
- Rent a bunch of good movies. Watch them as often as possible. Or better yet, if you are child free, GO to the movies.
- Go shopping. Buy baby stuff. Buy maternity stuff. Go to garage sales and buy that high chair. Get a car seat. Have fun with shopping! Don't just look at the cute baby stuff you wish you could buy. Buy it!
- Diet. Lose the weight. Eat healthy. Start that good habit during the 2WW and when you get pregnant it will be easier to keep up.
- Exercise. Walk. Do pilates or yoga. Get your body in shape for conception and keep at it so your delivery will be easier.
- I talked about reading a good novel. How about picking out your birth and baby books and getting a head start on those.
Please let us all know.