Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Organized Christmas

It's NEVER too early to plan for Christmas. In fact, I pretty much think about Christmas all year long. Traditions, foods, gifts, Advent. It all makes me happy.

When I married Jeff he wasn't much for Christmas. It was just another overdone, consumerist holiday. It was anything but glorifying to God. In comes me. Guess what Jeff said to me just the other day. I can't wait for Christmas. YEA!! I turned my husband from being a scrooge.

Of course, I didn't do that by buying 20 presents a piece for the girls and putting up a huge tree and worrying about how much money I was going to spend. I didn't take a job over the winter to pay for all the extravagant gifts I was going to buy. I didn't stay so worried and frazzled because plans weren't coming together, that we missed the joy. NOPE. Instead, I turn the focus back to Christ. Christmas at our house is more about traditions (yep, I love 'em) and less about gifts. We make every tradition and every day, a way to glorify Christ in the holidays. And it's stress-free.

I plan to talk more about this in the coming weeks. But for now, I want to give you the web address for the site I use to get organized. Organized Christmas has printables to get you started with an organized notebook. My favorites are the gift lists and stocking stuffers. But make the notebook. You'll be glad you did. And I'll see you in a few days to talk more about it. (Note to self: PRINT the pages you need and quite procrastinating.)

2 comments:

Tara H. said...

what is the web address?

Anonymous said...

Just click on Michelle's link and it takes you there.