Thursday, October 14, 2010

Writer's Workshop-Old, bald and fat



 The Prompts:
1.) ….and then I realized it was all a dream.
2.) The biggest Halloween trick (or prank) you ever pulled.
3.) Why I’m not inviting my mother to read my blog…
4.) Share a photo that represents how you see yourself.
5.) A memorable babysitting job.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share a photo that represents how you see yourself.


 That's my wedding picture with my grandpa.  And that IS how I see myself. 

In a wedding dress.  Just kidding.

Young.  CHECK.

Skinny.  CHECK.

Blond.  CHECK.

Happy. CHECK.

Sweaty.  CHECK. 




Young.  Not so much anymore. I have wrinkles.  And I'm not aging gracefully.  I want work done.  I'll settle for microdermabrasion.

Skinny.  Not so much.

Blond.  Nope.  Totally brown, with some grey.  Which I like.  But not as much as blond.

Happy.  Okay, still very, very happy.

Sweaty.  Oh wait.  I was only sweaty because it was July 10 and hot as...well hot.  I'm sweaty now because I'm fat.  It's Fall and I am still sweating.

So I see myself as that awesome 30 year old.  But really, I'm an old, fat 36 year old. But I'm happy.  Happier, even.

Yes, happier. 






8 comments:

VandyJ said...

I look back at my wedding pictures and wonder where that skinny 25 year old went, then I look at the pictures of my boys an go--Oh yeah that where she went.

Michelle said...

I think growing older is a beautiful thing - it's a natural part of life. I guess getting old is what we make of it. Embrace it I say, 'cause there's nothing we can do about it...LOL.

I love that you were so candid. ;)

Peace,
Michelle at http://greenearthbazaar.com ~ Fellow writer's workshopper. ;)

The Mommy Mambo said...

Isn't time like that sororiety bitch who always get the best of you? ...except she never can get at your true happiness! And that's what makes you beautiful!

You still look great, by the way!

Jamie said...

SO funny how things change. I still wasn't satisfied with how I looked at my wedding and now I wish I looked like that. :)

Great post!

CrazyLittleB_tch said...

I look at the first picture. Cute. Love the dress.
I look at the second picture. Cute kid. You look so happy. Screw being skinny and blonde. I choose sweaty and happy every time.

Mama the Chef said...

look how cute you are in your wedding dress!! I was 8 months prego in mine, so even post baby I think I look better now!!! BTW, Sweaty and very happy!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Great post!

I'm sweaty in fall too - it happens haha!

Veronica said...

Even though there are small differences you are still happier :)