Thursday, November 5, 2009

Writer's Workshop--Sleep, Shmeep

So I mentioned that when we did Writer's Workshop during baby month that I would do a little tweaking. I didn't get permission from Kat to do that, but she's really nice and pretty and skinny (flattery never hurts) and I don't think she'll mind. To read the original prompts and to link up be sure to visit Mama's Losin' It.

The Prompts:

1.) Describe something, pregnancy related, that your husband has done that you are proud of.

My husband caught both my babies. Asa had the cord around his neck, and Jeff with complete control, unwound the cord. I never even knew the cord was around Asa's neck, Jeff worked so quickly and efficiently. (A cord around the baby's neck is not an emergency but is just a variation of normal...that does NOT mean people don't freak out though.) Then both times, handed me my baby and let me declare the gender, even though with Asa he already knew he had a boy.

2.) Tell me your most humorous birth experience.

I have to say that there isn't a whole lot of funny business going on when I'm giving birth. However, Jeff did tell me something that makes us all laugh. With Asa I was induced because of pre-eclampsia. The nurse was in the room when my water broke but I didn't say anything. For me, when my water breaks it's a matter of minutes before I feel the urge to push. I told Jeff as soon as she was gone. Sure enough, just a minute or two later I started feeling a slight pushing urge. Tiny, practice pushes. Before long, I was pushing and out POPPED Asa and a tidal wave of water. Jeff said if his mouth would have been open it would have been filled with amniotic fluid. As it was, he had to jump back from being soaked.

3.) 10 reasons why your pregnancy is keeping you up at night.

4.) Describe an experience from a previous birth that you wish you could shake from your memory.

Being in the hospital. SHUDDER.

5.) Write a love letter to your unborn (or not conceived) baby.


Isn't this sweet?

I love you, baby. Don't give me pre-eclampisa again. Come home soon. Bye.

----------------------------------------------------------------

10 reasons why your pregnancy is keeping you up at night.

1. I'm as fat as a hippopotamus.


2. The hip I lay on starts to hurt after about an hour of sleeping, so I have to turn to the other side.

3. Turning to the other side, when your as fast as a hippo, is not as easy as one may think. It takes a lot of time and energy to make it around.


4. I have to reposition my body pillow when I turn over. I have to stretch and pull the blanket to cover myself and Asa up, along with the body pillow.

(photo from Furniture Fashion)

5. Most nights I'm sweating and don't need the blanket at all and am too hot to sleep.



6. I have round ligament pains if I don't put my belly on the pillow while I sleep. But if I do put my belly on the pillow, it takes twice as long to get situated.

7. Restless leg.

(photo from Time)

8. Heartburn. OH MY GOODNESS.

9. Thirst.


10. And the TOP reason I don't get enough sleep every night:

I have to pee!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's your turn. Join us for Writer's Workshop. Link up with Mama Kat and get some visitors. But be sure to comment here so we all know to visit you too. And don't forget, every comment you leave this week earns you one entry into the giveaway.


7 comments:

Blogs said...

Stopping in from sits. Your blog is very cute:) Enjoy your day. XOXO

McVal said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks for stopping by today! I totally was with you on that 10 things list! The last month of my last pregnancy, I had to sleep on the couch. It was the only place I could get comfortable. My hip sunk in between the cushions and I slept like a baby.
God bless you in this last month and give you strength and some comfort!
Ouch!

Kelly said...

Sleep? Who needs it? Not mommies. We live on no sleep!

adrienzgirl said...

I remember those days. You feel like you have been walking in the desert for days, so you are constantly drinking, then you have time to sleep, because you spend each moment you aren't guzzling something, sitting on the potty.

Now, after having my children, I can't sleep through the night without getting up to pee at least once.

Unknown said...

Oh my. This made pregnancy sound a little alarming!

Very funny though. I hope you feel better soon and your precious baby is born happy and healthy : )

Yara said...

Oh sweetie.... hippos are the cutest things ever & I love love love them! That make you feel better?
It will be over sonnnnnnnnnn..... ooh sorry, i must have fallen asleep, cuz that's something I do now that my baby is all big and almost a one year old.
What? thats not helping?
Soon you'll have a baby to cuddle, and in about 40 years you, too, will be able to get a good nights sleep. when all your babies are like, elementary school age. Yes, in 40 years. Until then, I expect you to keep making babues.

Unknown said...

Wonderful...I think I'll really try hard to enjoy the 2nd trimester, I forgot about all of this lovely stuff to 'look forward' to!